Pages

August 24, 2010

with a needle in your knee...

the Good, the Bad and the Shady

the Good
• I’m finally off crutches. It’s not that I didn’t appreciate finding out how accessible this country is for the temporarily handicapped. I’m just happy that I don’t have to accessorize around those unwieldy objects, HA.
• I’m getting acupuncture. I think that’s pretty kick ass, every week I get 10 needles shoved into the muscles surrounding my knee. I feel pretty bad ass, like hellraiser!
• I get to keep my classes. Usually after 6 months SLP switches up the classes. I do not know why, but they have decided to stray away from that path. I get to keep Maria, currently undergoing a name change to Mario (she likes nintendo), Matt my adorable ‘robot’ phonics kid, and my Treasures kids.
• Rocky Horror Show is coming to Seoul. It is the only english musical in Seoul. I’m down for the audience participation, although I don’t think I’ll find a corset that will fit me in this petite sized world.

the Bad
• I can’t straighten my leg. I’ve tried numerous times, and without help my leg will not go straight. It's going to take a lot of work to restore my leg to its previous skinny glory. At the moment I've got a skinny leg, and an ethiopian leg.
• It’s hot. It’s like 35 degrees with 80-90% humidity. I can’t really say anything worse about that, it’s just sticky and gross. Oh wait, yeah I can, my AC Broke last week. It’s fixed now though, I credit my school’s speedy response to the fact that the unit was burning, you could see flames! and those could burn down the unit.

the Shady
• The umbrella is the ultimate fashion accessory in Korea. Koreans use umbrellas in the rain, this makes sense. Koreans use umbrellas in snow (I’ve mentioned this before). Koreans also use umbrellas in the sun. Literally umbrellas are a year round accessory. I have no idea if there are different umbrellas for each type of weather. I feel I need to do more research. (Literally shady)
• I get to lose the class I hate the most. While I’d seriously like to drown these preteens in a kiddie pool, and I’m happy I won’t have to teach them anymore. It’s shady because I’ve brought it to the attention of the school several times that these students are struggling, Huge, and they should not be moved up into the next (harder) level of SLP. So what does the school do? They replace me (YAY) and move them up (BOO).

No comments:

Post a Comment