Pages

December 16, 2010

a year in pictures (pt.I)

I've gone through and selected several photos that span my first year in Korea. I kind of feel bad because I haven't added and to FB.

February: Shortly after I arrived Canada won gold. The game started at 5am in Seoul, Gillian and I stayed up all night and shortly after 8am Canada won. This photo was taken shortly after they won Gold.  Read my post about the Gold Medal Game.






April:  Yeonshinae is a place full of lights, cafe's, restaurants and litter (Above). It is a place I've learned to love since arriving. 



These trees @ Namsan Tower in central Seoul are covered with cherry blossoms (Right). Koreans flock to see, and photograph these trees. It looked similar to mornings after icefog, except it's warm out, and there are bees everywhere.


















May: Biking in Yeouido (Above right), and Baseball @ Jamsil stadium (Above). May had the best weather by far. I really wished that weather had lasted longer.

For Buddha's Birthday a group of us ventured down to Sokcho. Corwin was shaking off the sand (Right), and I was shooting fireworks from the hip (Below). Read my Buddha's Birthday blog.


 












May: One of my first adventures into the world of coffee (Above). I admire the handywork, and perhaps this was the start of a small love affair. 
 
June: The police guarding a train station after Korea beat Greece 2-1

June: Korea went crazy during the World Cup. Several thousand spectators would show up to watch the games @ City Hall Plaza. The screens were huge, the fans were loud, and sitting. Read my blog series about the World Cup.







June: I'd never seen a proper horse race until I went to Seoul Racehorse park (pictured above). I planned a day around horse races and perogies. When we arrived @ Happidus in Anyang, they were sold out. read about potato mandu.




July: I was supposed to get perogies one afternoon when I was playing beach volleyball. Instead I ended up in hospital, and my doctor snapped this shot of me (Above) moments after my knee was put in place. Read about the hospital.

I finally got perogies two weeks later, and honestly they were amazing (Left). I wouldn't say worth it, because I'd trade the ability to run over food anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment